How to get your house SOLD and get top dollar to sell it in today's market? Sellers MUST know.
1. First impression from the exterior of the house. Very important. Pay attention for details such as a welcome entrance, beautiful flower gardens, clean and clear all busy decorations, add a fresh paint ect., to make potential buyers feel more welcoming and safe as they decided to walk through the door and interested to see more.
2. Home should be always be ready to show, at all time. Make your home always clean, don't put too many items/stuffs on the kitchen counter top, no dirty dishes in the sinks, clean all table surface and the house should have no bad smell. Make the beds and close the toilet's lid.
3. Update the kitchen if you can (if it is really dated and really need a remodeling). This effort can add in more thousand dollars of your asking price. Almost the buyers ended up buy the house because of the kitchen. It is the first and most important selling tool in selling your home. For example, add stainless steel appicances, to impresss the buyers, use a fresh, neutral-color paint and polish or new cabinets. You know remodel list soulds like endless but reasonably quick fix and or add in the value to help sell for more is worth it.
4. If you have inside pet, make sure there is NO pet smell pet and NO pet hair everywhere. Not all potential buyers are dog or cat lover. The smell of the kitty litter or pet hair will turn the buyers off because they might think that thae house is not clean.
5. Hire a right real estate agent to list your house. It is important to hire a local real estate broker who can access to different multiple listing services (MLS) to perform a good comparable in the neiborhood, recomend a realistic price, who know well your neighborhood, local market and trends so they can keep you totally informed and to get your house sold.
6. Do anything you can to make your house bright for showing. Big selling factor. Clean the doors and windows, take down all drapes to let in the sunshine. Change the lampshades, brighter light bulbs, cut down outside bushes if necessary if they block the light into the house.
7. Reorganize and clear out the clutters if possible, from every rooms, closets, drawers. Put in storage the personal stuffs possible such as family photos, personal keepsakes,personal collection etc., The potential buyers want to envision the home for their own style if they live there. Make the floor plan open, arranging your furniture if needed for the best showing.
8. Pricing it right from the beginning is the best strategy to sell a home in today's market. It is a "make or break it" element to get your home sold or not, because if you priced it too high than than the market worth then the house will sit too long in the market and be staled, people and the realtors would not looking at close anymore. It is so important to price your home correctly right from the beginning.